“Lietuvos geležinkeliai“ (LTG) is the leading railway company in the Baltic states, developing its operating activities in three areas: freight and passenger carriage by rail, public railway infrastructure control, management, supervision, and development. LTG Group is one of the most significant employers in the country: about 10 thousand employees work for its companies.
Data and Analytics Product Owner
We are looking for an experienced Product Owner/Business Intelligence Analyst to join our Analytics group within LG Digital, our IT centre. The Data and Analytics function is at the core of JSC „Lithuanian Railways“ digital transformation journey. You will be given an early responsibility to shape and drive the design and development of the new information systems and analytics tools. You will be at the forefront of truly complex projects, which will impact and add value to multiple parts of our business.
Key responsibilities will include
- Supporting the design, delivery and performance of information systems and analytics tools, which support the business needs and deliver the desired outcomes
- Work directly with internal partners to support various projects and solutions which deliver Data or Analytics Products to Business
- Own the process of developing Dashboards and Reports from start to finish - requirement gathering, overseeing the development, solution testing, expectations management.
- Work with Data Analysts and Developers to ensure our internal partners have the right data and the right tools to analyse it.
- Capturing, documenting and ensuring the delivery of complex business needs and functional and non-functional system requirements
- Advising colleagues on system implementation best practices, writing and updating the technical documentation, running user training sessions
- Supporting on-going system performance
- Utilize problem-solving skills to understand partner pain points and troubleshoot as challenges arise
- Help developers to design end-to-end solutions that improve collaboration, productivity, and knowledge sharing
- Train our internal customers to use BI tools (MS Power Platform, PowerBI). Share best practices across the organization
- At least 2 years of Business Analysis experience or 1.5 years of Consulting experience, preferably in IT change
- Experience in gathering and documenting business requirements, both functional and non-functional ones. A big plus if this was gained on software development or business intelligence projects
- Good understanding of industry-standard Business Analysis methods and tools
- Familiarity with SDLC or DSDM principles (big plus if you have hands-on experience)
- Solid understanding of different project stages, such as business case proposal, feasibility study, project planning, delivery, testing, benefits realisation. Experience of either Waterfall or Agile methodologies are equally desirable.
- Experience with BI tools considered an advantage
- Experience in SQL considered an advantage
- Ability to analyse unfamiliar processes and systems
- Ability to work with datasets and present data and information in a user-friendly manner
- Ability to work independently
- Join an inspiring and competent team in one of the biggest companies in Lithuania
- Exciting and challenging work that leads to further professional and career development
- A dynamic work environment during a period of big organizational change
- A chance to work on truly complex projects that will enhance your analytical skills
- A strong leadership where showing initiative and creativity is highly encouraged and valued
- Working on solutions that add value to the company and you
- An opportunity to contribute to improvement of corporate activities within dynamic work environment during the period of changes
- Daily professional challenges and an opportunity for self-realization
- Professional development for ambitious and motivated
- An opportunity to travel with company’s trains free of charge in the territory of Lithuania
- An opportunity to work remotely
- Additional health insurance
- Gross salary starting at 1770-2725 EUR/month (salary offer depends on candidate‘s professional experience, knowledge and competencies)