JSC „Lithuanian Railways is the biggest railways group in the Baltic states, which develops its activities in three main directions: transportation of cargo and passengers by railways, administration of the public railway infrastructure, as well as maintenance and development. LG group is one of the main employers in Lithuania with about 10 thousand employees.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our Analytics group within LG Digital, our IT centre. The Analytics group is at the core of JSC „Lithuanian Railways“ digital transformation journey. You’ll be given an early responsibility to shape and drive the design and development of our business analytics. You’ll be at the front of truly complex projects, which will impact and add value to multiple parts of our business while utilising the newest technologies and best practices.
We are in the process of modernising our data management and analytics capabilities (cloud architecture, big data and IoT capabilities, advanced analytics) and most of the project work will be in these areas. If you join early – you’ll play an important part say in the design and delivery of the new solutions.
If you have experience in business intelligence, love data and analytics and feel comfortable with analysing an unfamiliar data sources and processes – we want to hear from you!
Key responsibilities will include
- Analysing, defining and supporting the delivery of reports and dashboards that meet functional requirements and supports business information needs
- Modelling and documenting data flows and describing business rules and data quality requirements
- Participating in all phases of business intelligence projects and supporting the existing business as usual activities
- Depending on expertise, act as an advisor for business intelligence, analytics tools and reporting questions
- Ensuring data quality best practices
- Experience in analysing and documenting business requirements and supporting the build of business reports and dashboards
- Experience in modelling data flows and creating conceptual and logical data models
- Hands-on experience using SQL. Advanced MS Excel skills
- Good understanding of data structures, relational databases and data modelling
- Experience in working and contributing to project work and tasks. Ability to work independently and in a complex change environment while meeting pre-agreed timelines
- Professional approach to using project management and issue tracking tools
- Good stakeholder management skills and ability to gather detail business requirements
- Advantage, if you have good understanding of data warehousing and ETL processes
- Advantage, if you have experience creating reports and dashboards using leading reporting and visualisation tools
- Join an inspiring and competent team in one of the biggest companies in Lithuania
- Exciting and challenging work that leads to further professional and career development
- A dynamic work environment during a period of big organizational change
- A chance to work on truly complex projects that will enhance your business intelligence skills
- Working on new solutions that add value to the company and you
- Participation on various projects with opportunities of self-expression
- A strong leadership where showing initiative and creativity is highly encouraged and valued
- An opportunity to travel with company’s trains free of charge in the territory of Lithuania
- Additional health insurance
- Gross salary starting at 1773 EUR/month (salary offer depends on candidate‘s professional experience, knowledge and competencies)