“Lietuvos geležinkeliai“ (LTG) is the leading railway company in the Baltic states, developing its operating activities in three areas: freight and passenger carriage by rail, public railway infrastructure control, management, supervision, and development. LTG Group is one of the most significant employers in the country: about 10 thousand employees work for its companies.
Machine Learning Engineer
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join our DATA & AI department, Advanced Analytics and RPA Group within LTG Digital. The group is at the core of Lithuanian Railways‘ Digital Transformation journey. You will be given an early responsibility to shape and drive the design and development of new machine learning solutions and participate in the development of machine learning competence in the whole LTG Group. What could be more exciting than being able to shape the future and performance of a big corporate company which makes an impact for the whole country!
You will see, learn and contribute to embracing a data-driven culture in a large and complex organisation. You will get an opportunity to work with exciting datasets – operational, diagnostics and industrial IoT data. One smart locomotive might bring a few terabytes of data a day – just imagine how exiting it would be to put that data to work!
And there is more to that. You will be a part of a small but really agile and smart tactical ops team which scouts for problems, provides with possible solutions and gets things done.
Key responsibilities will include
- Running machine learning experiments using Python or R or Scala with machine learning libraries
- Deploying machine learning solutions into production
- Working with DSML & ML Ops systems such as Knime, RapidMiner or other
- Occasionally working with Robotic Process Automation (RPA) tasks with various tools such as UI Path, Python or other
- Optimizing solutions for performance and scalability
- Data engineering, i.e. ensuring a good data flow between database and backend systems
- Implementing custom machine learning code
- Improving and automating model training, maintenance, deployment, and monitoring processes
- Data science, i.e. analysing data and coming up with use cases
- Applying Agile and Lean principles in your work
- At least 1.5 years’ experience in Advanced Analytics space (ML Developer; Big Data Engineer – all counts)
- Or at least 2.5 years in programming, DevOps or other similar space
- Interest and ability to learn new things according to the requirements of business
- Computer Science Fundamentals and Programming skills
- Applying Machine Learning Algorithms and Libraries
- Software Engineering and System Design
- Proficiency in English
- Work from home
- Work in one of the biggest and strategically important Lithuanian enterprises
- Stable and reliable enterprise in the environment of global pandemics
- An opportunity to contribute to the improvement of corporate activities within a dynamic work environment during the period of changes
- An opportunity to travel with company’s trains free of charge in the territory of Lithuania
- Additional health insurance
- Small and cosy team of machine learning professionals with informal management approach
- Gross salary starting at 2160 to 3320 EUR/month (salary offer depends on candidate ‘s professional experience, knowledge and competencies)